Michelle Hamblin is a Registered Nurse and Lymphoedema Therapist.
Michelle has qualifications in Breast Care Nursing, lymphoedema, Nurse Education, and Spinal Cord Injuries. She has been a nurse for over 33 years, trained in Warrnambool, then worked and studied in Melbourne. Michelle has lived and worked in Colac for the last 17 years. Michelle is a member of the Cancer Nurses Society of Australia and the Australasian Lymphology Association.
Michelle is available for appointments on alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays and specialises in assessment, lymphatic massage and self-management education for those living with or at risk of lymphoedema. Michelle is also able to provide bio-impedance spectroscopy readings to assess unilateral limb swelling, limb measurements, fitting and supply of compression garments.
- Referral is not necessary, however may be beneficial for your individual needs/management
- Cost commences at $95/hr however varies depending on what is required (e.g. Garments)
- Initial Consultation (60minutes) consists of assessment, management plan development
- Standard Consultation duration is 60 minutes
- General garment fitting appointments and re-measurement appointments are 30 minutes duration.
- Custom Made Garment fitting appointments are 60 minutes duration
- What is your guilty pleasure?Lindt Chocolate
- What is your favourite movie?Ghost
- Name three people you would love to have dinner with? Hubby, Hugh Jackman, and Mrs Brown
- Why do you love being a Lymphoedema Therapist?I love being able to support patients in their efforts to prevent or reduce limb swelling with a quality evidence-based program.
- What is your favourite book? Madeline Keys novels
- What is your favourite place in the world?Asakusa, Japan
- What do you love most about The Corio Bay Sports Treatment Clinic? Fantastic team and range of health services available
- What is your favourite quote?If you have confidence in your own words, aspirations, thoughts, and actions and do your very best, you will have no need to regret the outcome of what you do. (Mas Oyama)
- What would people be surprised to know about you?I train in Kyokushin Karate.