How do I manage Stress Urinary Incontinence
By Sonam Jethwa – Physiotherapist with a Special Interest in Women’s Health.
In this post Colac Physiotherapist Sonam Jethwa will inform you about how physiotherapy and exercise can help people manage Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI).
Watch the you tube video below to start your journey towards UNDERSTANDING and a SOLUTION!
Some FACTS to start with:
- 16-20% of Australian Women are affected by Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Most are Middle Aged – 35-44 years old
- ONLY 25% SEEK HELP
CAUSES of Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Child Birth
- In Men – Prostate Surgery
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS of Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Leakage Caused by
- Heavy Lifting
- Exercise – especially Higher Impact
Most people only have a small amount of leakage but this can be larger if the bladder is full
Where to seek HELP?
- Continence Nurse
What will the Treatment for Incontinence from Sonam Involve?
Physiotherapy management will involve:
- An extensive assessment with lots of questions to determine your history and signs and symptoms
- A respectful physical examination
- Use of our diagnostic ultrasound machine to determine how well your pelvic floor is functioning.
- Strategies to strengthen and retrain function for the pelvic floor muscles that assist in bladder control.
What are the Benefits?
Regain CONFIDENCE and CONTROL!
ENJOY a good Laugh!
Sneeze or Cough without fear!
Regain your Fitness by being able to Gradually return to Exercise and Sport!
To Learn More About Sonam click on the Link Below
If you have found this post helpful or know someone who could be helped please share it with them.