Why Choose Remedial Massage?
Why choose Remedial Massage?
Firstly, what is Remedial Massage?
Remedial Massage Therapist Amy Lynch from Colac describes Remedial Massage as the systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management.
Remedial Massage is also a great tool that you can work into your fitness regime whether that means weekly, fortnightly, monthly or even every 8 weeks.
Don’t let the words ‘fitness regime’ scare you, if you’re just starting out or trying to get fit Massage is probably exactly what you need for those niggles you’re starting to feel!
What are the Benefits?
Massage is most beneficial for people with muscle soreness and feelings of tightness.
However, it is also very beneficial for :
- correcting problems in your body that may be causing injuries,
- increasing joint mobility,
- stress reduction,
- immunity boosting,
- heightens mental alertness and
- aids in improving posture just to name a few!
Here are some other benefits :
- reduced headache frequency and intensity
- release of trigger points (muscle knots) and spasms
- decreased post-workout muscle soreness
- assists in managing depression and anxiety
- assists in managing fatigue and chronic pain
- reduced constipation
- reduced injury healing times
Remedial Massage Therapy is used to treat many conditions including:
- Injury Rehabilitation- Massage is used extensively in all phases of injury rehabilitation from acute pain treatment to soft tissue rehabilitation and return to work programs.
- Sports Injuries
- Headaches (both Tension and Migraine Headaches)
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction (aka Jaw Soreness)
- Neck Pain, including Neck Stiffness, Torticollis and Shoulder tension
- Shoulder Dysfunction and Pain – Including Rotator Cuff issue
- Tight hamstrings and lower back stiffness
To find out a bit more about our staff follow the link below.
If this sounds like you, then make sure you book online by clicking on the button above or contact the clinic today to secure your spot and journey towards a pain free life!
Blog Author : Amy Lynch Remedial Masseur